All of our farms oppose Contained Animal Farming Operations (CAFO) and are doing their part to provide a fresh and healthy product for our customers.
Many of our farms are certified organic and raise a variety of organic vegetables, organic herbs and organic berries.
BDOR - Potato - Pee Wee Creamers (24 oz bag) USDA Certified Organic
Baldor Speciality Products - Potato - Pee Wee Creamers - Baby Golden or Confetti Potato (24 oz bag) USDA Certified Organic
Our mini potatoes are exquisitely small, pre-washed potatoes that cook in half the time of full size potatoes. They are also extra high in natural sugars with creamy, delicate flesh. You can pan saute the tiniest ones whole and the slightly larger ones cut in half. These baby spuds are grown specifically for Baldor in Bakersfield, California year round. Sizing and availability are always consistent and, because they're small and pre-washed, cooking is fast and easy.
- 1 1/2 pounds small yellow potatoes I used Melissa's Pee-Wee potatoes
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil I use California Olive Ranch
- kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Season generously with salt and bring the potatoes to a boil. Cook the potatoes until fork tender, approximately 20 minutes depending on their size.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large skillet or cast iron pan. Gently press down on each potato to smash them being careful not to go all the way through. Place the garlic and thyme on top of the potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes being sure to toss the potatoes with an oven proof spatula every 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Quantity in Basket: 0